Mifflin County Communications, Inc. has a very rare opening for a full-time Sports Director. Position requires a seasoned anchor with a deep knowledge of all major sports.
• Plans, writes, edits and voices local and national sports reports.
• Finalizes content using digital audio and video editing software.
• Maintains crucial deadlines to provide sports stories in a timely fashion.
• Repackages content for sportscasts
• Play by play, or color commentary for high school, local, and regional sports .
• Will also edit and collect sports text content and audio social media.
• Assist sales team with marketing of sports programming.
• Sports/news writing and anchoring experience.
• Must be willing to work weekends, early morning, late nights and holidays. Some fill-in work during the week may also be needed.
• Thorough knowledge of sports is required
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work under minimal supervision- must be dependable
• Must be detail oriented and able to “follow-up until resolved”
• Adept at setting priorities and managing deadlines
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines
• Excellent writing and editing ability; excellent grammar
• Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to work flexible hours
• Experience in a similar sports program or news operation
• Degree in a related field; Media, Communications, or Journalism preferred but, not required
• Burnham, PA